Wednesday, April 6, 2016

First finish of 2016

Over the weekend I finished putting the binding on my low volume scrap quilt. This was made from 3.5 inch strips and squares from stash. This top had been sitting finished for a very long time, I think about 2 years!



After piecing a simple strip from more colorful scraps to fill out the backing, I sent this one out for long arm quilting.  

I am so happy that I decided to try out Sarah of Crinklelove. The turnaround time for this quilt was very fast and it came out beautifully. I love that Sarah has a selection of quilting designs to choose from. The texture from the baptist clams design is awesome on this very linear patchwork. I think it softens it up just the right amount!
 

I decided that I wanted to complete the design with a scrappy binding. I pulled random strips from the scrap bin and I am very happy with the bright edge this created on my quilt. 
 

This is my first finish for 2016, and it also is one of my 2016 Q1 Finish along projects! Yea for motivation! A chance at so many great prizes are a total bonus when simply completing this project makes me happy!!

Link back to my Q1 List

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I'm absolutely loving this quilt - the back is awesome, and the colored scrappy strips really pop on the LV background. Fab! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Is it from a pattern or is it your own design? What size is it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found your January 22 post and the answer to one of my questions: it is your own design! Great job!

      Delete