Friday, January 22, 2016

Assembling a pieced backing

Yesterday I decided I had enough energy to work on trimming and squaring up a top and backing. This is a quilt I put together from strips and squares in a quick and completely random way. It has been a competed top for more than a year. I set myself a goal to have two tops ready and sent out for
long-arming this week.



Well, lo and behold, that backing I thought was a wide backing that just needed trimming.... Not! It had to be pieced. And, Since it had to be pieced, I decided to use up some scraps and throw in a stripe of color. That is what I am working on today. Perhaps tomorrow I will have the energy to square everything up and get it all set to mail out. This is enough for today!



Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop"

No comments:

Post a Comment